My choleserol is 9.7. Is this the highest?

I am on a low fat diet, don t smoke and excercise and it still the same level.
Thu, 10 Dec 2009
's  Response
I do not know if this is the highest level of cholesterol BUT I do know that you need to look very seriously into lowering it to a safe level. It can be done and if you want to live a long and healthy life you should seriously set about lowering your cholesterol level as soon as practical. If you're thinking you don't have to worry about cholesterol because you don't have heart trouble, you may want to think again. About 25 percent of American adults over age 20 have blood cholesterol levels that are considered high. More than half of all Americans have levels that are borderline-high. Eating the typical American diet of fatty meats, processed cold cuts, dairy products, fried foods, eggs and commercially baked breads, cakes and cookie, can lead just about anyone down the high-cholesterol path. Only a small fraction of the population can eat high-fat diets and have low cholesterol. You don't need to eat any cholesterol. Your body makes all it needs. Any extra you get is either eliminated from your body or is deposited in your arteries. That's when problems begin. Of course, even if your cholesterol is a little high, it doesn't mean you'll have a heart attack, but elevated cholesterol is one of the main risk factors. And if your cholesterol isn't high, you may want to take steps to keep it that way. Fortunately, that's fairly easy to do. Most people can lower or maintain their cholesterol just by making a few additions and subtractions to their diets.