My child is Hyperactive

MY CHILD IS AN ADOPTED ONE SHE IS HYPERACTIVE. SHE CAN'T CONTROL HER ACTIONS EVEN IF SHE KNOWS THAT ITA WRONG OR DANGEROUS
Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
It is best to have your child evaluated by a competent child and adolescent psychiatrist. Hyperactive behavior can be caused by ADHD that is a given, but there are ther possible problems that the can be, like depression, bipolar disorder etc. there are good treatments available for many of these behavioral problems. Best of luck with these issues.
matthew's  Response

I agree with the other posts, one of the biggest mistakes we make as a society is jump to conclusions. I personally feel nutrition is the best medicine, and there isn't a lot of side effects of food. Especially if it is safe to eat. I have worked with a friend of mine who has/had a hyperactive girl, and after a time she came into balance. Her attitude was calm, and she actually started going back to school, and not getting i trouble, and her grades improved, etc. Bottom line its just i don't feel meds are the solution unless it is really bad. 

If you are curious, email me at matthew.chiapetta@gmail.com

Krishna Krolczyk's  Response
My son was having trouble paying attention, I gave hime a multi- vitamin called calm which has omegas and magnesium in it. I also gave him a calcium suppliment, becaose he is allergic to milk and soy, and also give him another dose of magnesium and calcium at night which helps him sleep. You can look up magnesium doses online, if you give too much magnesium they can get diarea. It just took about a week and it was day and night, he went from bad notes to glowing reports at school. Also, if he has artificial dye he turns immediatly crazy. I know the red dye effect is contoversial, but I notice it everytime my kid touches (any) artificial dye, and the effect lasts for about 24 hrs after ingestion, I am talking small doses even, like from a dumb dumb sucker, it's amazing, and a pain but you get used to looking at lables, packing lunches, and bringing homemade cupcakes to b-day parties. Totally worth it to have a non medicated non psychotic child.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Hi.Depends on her age. Many hyperactive children become just fine after they grow up.Many of them get involved in physical activities like sports and do well there.You may just want to watch out for a few years and meet a doctor for correct medical diagnosis.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
It's advisable to consult a clinical & child psychologist/psychiatrist/neurologist/ for your child as the symptoms resembles that of ADHD. It is not necessary to take medication for ADHD, my child is having ADHD and we are managing it witout medication. the credit goes to Dr. Dherandra Kumar, who is a clinical & Child psychologist in Delhi. And yes, exercise and sports can be useful for children with high energy levels. Even if your child does not have ADHD, psychologist will be able to help you in channelizing her energy and managing her behavior.
Alok's  Response
oh, if you want to get the details of Dr. Dherandra Kumar, you can visit www.psyindia.com / http://www.psyindia.com
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Hi Sreekanth. How old is your kid? Don't presume she has a disorder because she appears hyperactive. Better to let a doctor assess her symptoms. If she is medically diagnosed to have hyperactive/ hyperkinetic disorder she may have to be put on medicines. Hyperactive children do very well after treatment.