My chest feels tight and heart pounds. Is it anxiety?

My chest feels tight. My heart pounds. Is it anxiety?
Tue, 28 Jun 2011
tightness in chest:
i.is associated with dyspnea/sweating/fatigue??
ii.B.P.
iii.is thyroid/lipid profile normal
iv.then treat as anxiety
Rheumatologist Dr. Raheesh Ravindran's  Response
Dear sir , Feeling of tightness may be one of the signs of a cardiac disease. If this symptom is associated with profuse sweating, and if this symptom worsens on routine or less than routine activity you should consult a cardiologist at the earliest.These may be early warning signs of an impending cardiac catastrophy. Please dont neglect these symptoms especially if you are a middle aged individual..! hope you find my answers useful.
jan's  Response
only a cardiologist can tell and then only after some tests. i have a pacemaker, triple bypass and my dr. told me that there are a number of reasons for the condition you describe. it can also be a reaction to caffeine from soda, coffee, or tea. it can be arythmia. you need a specialist for an accurate answer and some results.