Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

My brother gets fits from when he was 10 months

my brother got fits ,when he was a 10 month baby,he recoverad from that.and yesterday night at sleep he got it again and froath is coming oyt from his mouth.he is unconcious at that time.he is now 15 years old.he does not have any smoking habit or drinking it so serious and how i make him to cure?please tell me a solution...if u have any solution mail me at
Asked On : Sun, 17 Oct 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your brother might have Epilepsy and requires urgent evaluation.
Consult neurophysician.
After EEG and other investigations he will go for diagnosis and treatment.
Fit should be avoided as it may cause some brain damage if fit remains for long time.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well comet to hcm.
In child hood what was the reason for convulsion,was it febrile convulsion or epileptic
feets is quite important to kow.At present convulsion may be in relation to child hood
convulsion,or may not be.Any way detail assesment with the help of EEG,CT brain,Lab
reports and at times CSF examintion may be needed to diagnose any convulsion.How
ever in your brothers case more likely to be epileptic convulsion as already he had in
child hood.Better consult neurophysician he would explain you the course of disease.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
maybe your brother has again got the brain activity activated which causes the fits to occur.the froath that was comming out of his mouth was mainly due to lack of oxygon reaching his brain causing him to choke.
Answered: Sun, 17 Oct 2010
  User's Response
For this you should consult a good Neurophysician and if you had already been there then tell me what test done and what is the treatment he undergone.
I would also like to know about the detail past history of your brother.
For further queries contact me on
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor