Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

My boyfriend has diabetes and his foot is swelling

My boyfriend has diabetes and I need to get him some health insurance immediately. How can I go about it? He doesn t have a job that can provide him insurance right away. He s in construction. We ve been to General Hospitals Clinics they could only do so much for so long. They figure that since he works he can get medical assistance thru work...if he gets enough work hours to get insurance. Meanwhile, his foot has been swelling and he s been handling his own health through trial error. My HR won t allow domestic partner coverages. I m worried that they might amputate his feet.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

You have to approach the insurance companies and see what can be done, or visit charitable hospitals that can help you out in proper treatment instead of trial and errors. Do not neglect this for long.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor