Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

My boyfriend has a heart murmur , please suggest treatment for him

my boyfriend has a heart murmur (he's 22) and he's been having pains lately in his chest.?
he went to the hospital and they want him to schedule an appointment with his doctor so he can go in and look further. but he won't do it!!!!! all he'll say is it's getting worse. what the heck is his problem???? i think it's an echocardiography or something like that. is this so serious at this moment that he could just die. i don't have a single clue about any of this and i'm worried about him.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
If he is on much distress then without waiting for appointment rush to ER and go for the treatment as soon as possible.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi! I am a Registered Nurse in Colorado with some background in cardiac medicine. I will do my best to answer your question. The heart has 4 chambers each divided by valves. These valves open and close at precise intervals so that the heart can shoot blood out to the body to keep you alive. A heart murmer is when one of these valves can be weak, or rigid. They call this a murmer because when a doctor listens to the chest there is this Lub SHHHH Dub sound. when it should just be LUB DUB. The pain could come from several sources and yes it could be cardiac related. If he is already pre-disposed to a murmer my advice would be to consult a cardiologist about the chest pain. There could be a million reasons other than his heart that his pain is there and it could have nothing to do with the murmer. Many people have murmers and live normal healthy lives. My advice is to go to the doctor and ask for a 12 lead EKG reading, as well as serial cardiac enzymes by a blood draw. This will help the doctor determine if there is any cardiac damage. I hope this helps Craig RN 26 Colorado.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor