Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My bone has grown and is obstructing the food passage. Can an online doctor help me ?

I am 50 years old male. I am suffering from problem of swallowing food for the past one month . A little bit inconvenient happens. Today I have contacted ENT Doctor . He said some bone grows and it obstructs food nassal and he told that there is no medicine. When I touch throat with force and pain will appear otherwise there is no pain. y.vENKATESWAR. i AM 50 YEARS MALE. i AM SUFFERING FROM SWALLOWING FOOD AND I FACE LITTLE INCONVENIENT WHILE EATING FOOD. I CONSULTED ENT AND HE TOLD THAT SOME THING GROW NEAR FOOD PIPE AND IT CAUSE INCONVENIENT TO EAT FOOD. HE DID NOT PRESCRIBE ANY MEDICINES BUT SUGGESTED TO GARGLE LIQUID REXIDIN BEFORE SLEEPING AND CONTACT AFTERWARDS. I SUFFER FROM SINUS . IT IS UNDER CONTROL AND CAUSE SEASONAL PROBLEM.
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Is your dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) only with solid food or with water and liquids, too?
2. Do you get choking, vomiting or coughing while swallowing?
3. Is there any change in voice or breathlessness?
4. Was the bone growth diagnosed on an X-ray? If so, what was the detailed report?
5. I recommend a Barium Swallow Study.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I m a 30 yo Caucasian female with a pea sized lump over the right side of my hyoid bone. It s been there for several years, it gets sore and difficult to swallow food at times. I can move the hyoid back and forth. I can feel it grind but the pain subsides afterwards. Feels like it s rubbing and caught on cartilage. Is this something I should be concerned about? The doctor said it was fine, but no one else I know has this issue..? They tested my thyroid and TSH levels, and all came back normal. Chem profile 2 and CBC also have come back normal. No X-Rays or anything else has been done to determine what it is. It has not grown, it s just irritating and it s a bit concerning that no one else has it, and it won t go away.

doctor1 MD

I have a lump about the size of a nickel under the skin next to my left cheek bone. It started out about the size of a pea when I first noticed it and has grown a lot over the last week or so. I had a similar lump on the back of my head about six months ago but the doctor I saw wasn t even 100% sure what it was, regardless he cut it open and squeezed out whatever was in there. This did not help as it continued to grow back numerous times. I ve heard it could be staph infection or a cyst but I would like to have an idea of what it is before I go back to the doctor here

doctor1 MD

My daughter broke her leg a few years ago. 2 years ago they rebroke it as it had grown back with a bend. she has been in chronic pain ever since, the small bone is still broken, and recently has been swelling and causing her more pain that Advil, tylenol or naproxen do not help. we have an appt on monday with a surgeon, should she see someone sooner?

Recent questions on X ray

doctor1 MD

Hi I have a question about my Father he is 83 a couple of monthe s ago he fell and broke his neck ,he was at home with no treatment for a week and his GP just gave him painkillers for the awful pain,however as he did not improve he was fianally admitted to hospital x-rayed and diagnosed with a broken neck, and now has a collar to keep his neck stable.This has been on now for 6 weeks,he was x -rayed last week and they said it wasnt healing and he would need a CT the results of the CT were good and they now say he can have the neck brace off in 2 weeks . He was very pleased but ,is very distressed as he has suddenly become very deaf and has what he thinks are chilblains on his ear,also hes become extemely forgetful since all this happened, and has bad headaches and feels very unwell.He is seeing his GP again this week ,I wondered if you have any idea if his symptoms are connected with his broken neck ,and also can mistakes be made by a doctor when reading a ct scan ? Its very difficult for me as I live in Japan and my father in the UK, Thank you for any advice you can give me,from Shirley My father is 83 about 11stone has oestioporosis,and a history of broken bones.

doctor1 MD

Am querying current line of thinking by several consultants. Admitted to hospital May 2011; lumbar puncture showed elevated CSF protein of 1088 mg/L with 228 white cells, 95% lymphocytes. The working diagnosis was viral meningitis, and I was discharged after 2 days aciclovir. Negative for herpes simplex virus 1 and 2. Developed infection in leg early October 2011, followed by painful groin, then ulcers either side of scrotum - non painful, and diagnosed as shingles. Mid October 2011, following tinitus, buzzing , hearing different frequencies, then vertigo, admitted for 2 weeks in ID ward...CSF showed 614 white cells with 90% lymphocytosis. CSF protein raised at 1335 mg/L. Tested for everything under the sun, incl. HIV, syphillis, Lyme disease, Cat scratch fever (leg infection thought to have been through an insect bite). All negative, incl. ANA. Chest x-ray, MRI scan of brain and whole spine also negative. Admitted again 26th December 2011, aciclovir for seven days, now back home feeling well, if a little tired. Current thought is Mollarets meningitis, but more recently, rheumatology dept. thinking Behcets syndrome, as I suffer from mouth ulcers. My contention is this; I have sufferd from mouth ulcers since a teenager taking exams at school. If I have a job interview, I will get mouth ulcers after @ 48 hours. Dentist thinks stress induced, as do I. I have no aching joints and no eye irritation, also, just found out that HLAB51 negative. I am a 42 year old British male and caucasian. I can t help feeling there s a square peg being pushed into a round hole here. What about migraine; the tinitus, buzzing and vertigo? Also, I took a non-steroidal (Ibuprofen) prior to the first two episodes. Bickerstaff s encephalitis sounds just as plausible as Behcets...or am I in denial? I would appreciate any advice, even if it s to simply face the music . Thank you for your time.

doctor1 MD

please suggest diagnose

age: 31yr, height:5ft, weight: 58, There was a discharge from right ear;now doctor given antibiotics,discharge now stopped said this is cholesteatoma, but digital xray done on some others doctors advice: report is

x-ray mastoids-law,s view report:

There is e/o partial sclerosis of both mastoid air cells(L>R)

Sinus and dural plates are normal

No evidence of fracture of any bone seen

doctor1 MD

I have had this cough since january. It won't go away!! it goes and comes back. Drinking warm foods keeps it at bay but do i seriously have to carry a mug of hot water mixed with ginger around all day everyday? I stopped working out to give my body a rest. I got an x-ray and nothing showed up. I was given antibiotics because the I got a bacterial infection which is unrelated to my cough. My promary care physician gave me xopenex thinking it was workout induced asthma. It is not. It has been six months and I have lost around 10 pounds of muscle mass. I am studying for my MCAT which is in 3 weeks and I am always coughing while I study. It is very annoying and no one knows what is wrong.

doctor1 MD

I am having a frozen left shoulder kind of symptoms for last couple of months. My left shoulder doesnt rotate as smoothly as the right one. My second problem is I have constipation atleast few days a month and suffer from piles as a consequence

doctor1 MD

I have very shortness of breath will divan help this ?

doctor1 MD

I have to urinate often ..... if I stand up from sitting position or sleep position. And I empty out every time. My family Dr. thinks my bladder has fallen and there by impairing the normal muscle function that holds the urine until some normal...