Hello, i found a website that answers your question:
* Don't smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco product.
* Lose weight if you're overweight
* Exercise regularly.
* Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat.
* Limit your sodium, alcohol and caffeine intake.
* Try relaxation techniques
Is sodium really off limits?
Not everyone is affected by sodium, but sodium can increase blood pressure in some people. Most people who have high blood pressure
should limit the sodium in their diet each day to less than 2,400 mg. Your doctor may tell you to limit your sodium even more.
Don't add salt to your food. Check food labels for sodium. While some foods obviously have a lot of sodium, such as potato chips, you may not realize how much sodium is in things like bread and cheese.
hope u get better :)