Owl Image

My baby is not eating anything, please advise

my baby is 18 years old eat nothing only feeds all tha day what to do
my baby is 18 years old eats nothing only feeds what should i do?
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
I think your baby is 18 months old and not years. You will have to start weaning your baby. Gradually start with only one thing which you give him daily for at least a week so that he develops a taste for it. Do not give him multiple things all at once.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi bushra,I think you wanted to say that your baby is 19months old and not taking anything except feed.Please stop feeding her it is not the age for exclusive breast feeding.Because at this time what she gets is only satisfaction of sucking,the nutritional value of breast milk at this age in not good.You may have take this thing hard but have to stop it.When she will feel hungry and you do not feed her she will be compelled to eat food.Regular diet at this age is important for proper growth.this happens sometimes when child is feeling lonely and wants attention and attachment from mother.You can take help of your family doctor for this.bye and take care.