Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

My aunt is diabetic, she is always having hypo's

my auntie is diabetic, she is always having hypo's and it has got to the stage? where she is afraid to go out for example each time she comes for dinner at my mom and dads, usually after work she will eat the correct food but then slip into a hypo, we have had to call the paramedics on several occasions and each time is worst than the last one, she claims that she eats correctly and takes her insulin correctly.(even seen her inject and then eat and still she goes) she has had one in the bath and woke up with a broken leg, (she lives alone) my dad has had to break in before now when she has gone out cold i am really worried about her but she wont go to the doctors as she says she is fine! she is 57 but my concern is she wont wake up one of these times, ii know very little about diabetes other than this is NOT right, any advice please and thanks in advance for your replies well kate juicy your sympathy knows no bounds, get over yourself and p**S off, for all you other kind people she has had it for over 30 years, gestational onset, should i phone her doctor myself and try and get to speak to him, obviously ethics and confidentiality is a problem here? thankyou all so much for your help, she is on fast acting insulin and she does know how concerned we are about her, i think she has just got used to it and thinks it is normal, that and she doesnt remember how bad she was when its over, all your help i will try and the dog idea was great, this would give her company too as she lives alone, thanks again to all of you very much appreciated
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

She should report this to her doctor who is treating her. They will see what is going wrong. She should also get a special test done which will show the insulin levels/action after having fod. Tell her to avoid carbohyadrate rich diet, include complex carbohydrates and proteins more in diet.

Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor