Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

My arm is quite swollen and I could hardly move my arm.

I woke up yesterday morning and i could hardly move my arm. I am 16 years old. I have asked a couple of family members and they said that my arm is quite swollen. Most of the pain is when i bend my arm. When my arm is straight it feels uncomfortable where my bicep is. I m worried that it could be serious. Do you have any suggestions to what it might be. Its really painful.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Nov 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  423
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Insect bite, ant bite etc. can cause the arm to be swollen and painful due to allergic reaction.
It could be also caused by unusual twisting of arm in sleep.
Best would be to consult a doctor and let him examine the arm, and if necessary get an x-ray of the arm to find out the cause for this swelling and treat accordingly.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Tue, 27 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM
It happeed over night must be due to some positional un noticed injury during night
getting numbness also suggest some pressure over nerves or arteries in sleep maikng
your arm numb. take some pain killer like IBUprofen for two to three days and if does
not go or if any alarming swelling or severe pain or fever in between should immediately
go to doctor for clinical examintion and x-ray if your doctor suggest it. Thanks
Answered: Tue, 27 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might have some stretching of biceps causing pain and swelling.
during night time you might get some pressure on the arm for long time may cause this pain.
There is other possibility of having Thrombophlebitis is there.
Take analgesic tab. for 2-3 days,if there is no improvement then consult your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 27 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
.i am also experiencng is really painful.:*
Answered: Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor