Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

My abdominals are very sore, Should I see a doctor ?

I am young, 14 years old and I do a lot of training for football. I Worked out today and yesterday and did not work out saturday. My abdominals are very sore , to the point were going from a laying to sitting position makes me feel sick and out of breath . Should I see a doctor ?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and wellcome to healthcare magic please note that ,ifeel that you are having either some nerve compression ,or if severe then may be having problem in the disc of the spinal cords ,get an mri scan of your spine and get consulted with an orthopedic doctor for further opinion,take some pain killers and take rest and avoid bending forward ,wah with hot water for 3 minutes and then with cold water for one minute, for the mean time,take care
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you got stretched or pulled abdominal recti muscles due to strenuous and very hard foot ball practice.
Take analgesics with muscle relaxant tablets.
Apply local analgesic cream or spray.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The same thing is happening to me, when i go from laying down to sitting up its like someone is taking a knife to my stomach. Whats going on?!
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor