Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

My Uncle is suffering from Cerebral Palsy , please suggest

Hello Sir, Good Day> I have my Uncle (Dad's brother) about 40years of age & working as a teacher in Govt School. He is suffering from Cerebral Palsy.It is very difficult for him to stand or sit. He always needs someone besides him for support. I request you to pls suggest me how should I proceed for his treatment. I think if by treatment, we can make his condition a bit better where in he could be able to walk by himself, it would be of a great help for him. Pls take your valuable time & suggest me in this regards. my email id is--

Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  319
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

cerebral palsy is a different disease and what the person is suffering is different. it is stroke.  and in stroke the nervous tissue die and the function done by the nervous tissue is lost, unfortunately nervous tissue once dead cannot be regenerated or with treatment it cannot be regrown. the option left with you is to wait for time when the neighbout living tissue will take up some of the task of the dead nervous cells. for that it takes time usually it ranges from 6 to 10 months

the treatment option now is to get the physiotheraphy done to keep the muscles intact and to prevent it from getting stiff so that when the surrounding nerve tissue starts functioning the muscles will act. so its rehabilation physiotheraphy which you have to follow now

Answered: Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor