Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

My Mother is having severe liver problem- please suggest treatment

Hi My Mother is having severe liver problem. Water is to accumulate in stomache and hemoglobin percentage is dropped to 7 %. She has this problem since many years. Already consulted physian, he told liver was damaged and she need to be under medication for entire life. And should not eat any hard food. After taking medicine she used to have frequent urination and weakness feeling. After 3 months of medication hemoglobin percentage improved to 8%. Please suggest better treatment for my mother
Asked On : Thu, 2 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
you should consult some liver specialist,if possible he can treat with medicine & if liver is completely damaged irreversibly,she can undergo liver transplantation now a days at any good liver transplant center
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Your doctor is right in case of permanent liver damage medicines are must for whole life.Frequent urination may be because of disease it self or drugs used for it.If you think she is not doing well ,please consult a liver specialist in your city for further advise.Hemoglobin is very low and this could be the reason for weakness.Do go for regular follow up and do not discontinue medication on your own.bye.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor