My Husbands pulse is 108 after a slow 10 ten min walk, is this normal ?

Husbands pulse is 108 after a slow 10 ten min walk he is 46, a bit underweigt and active. Is this normal? I am worried, he is tired all the time - I can hear his heart beat . he sleeps quite a lot. We had a good day and had a day out the other day - but it floored him for the next day. We are only talikng a slow four mile walk here. Thyroid was but isn t now overactive (it has been tested and doctor says it is within the normal limits ), and he has a leaky valve which is tested every year (about 8 months ago was not too serious at all and had no affect on his life)- its just that he seems to be getting tired easier then before. The doctor hinted it was psychosomatic (sorry about the spelling) but he really is not one to worry about himself at all, and I know him not to dwell on his health . Am I being paranoid ? Or shoudl I kick up a stink at his doctors to try and get his annual heart check moved earlier.
Thu, 17 Dec 2009