Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

My Husband has low BP 89/111. please suggest

My Husband has low Blood Pressure 89/111.Is there anything that can be done about this.?
My Husband has low Blood Pressure 89/111.Is there anything that can be done about this.?
Sun, 28 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You reversed the numbers,it should be 111/89.
This not low bp.On the contrary it is on higher side.
He requires record of bp measurement for about 10=15 days and then we can have idea about bp.
Measure bp from doctors only.
Ok and bye.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The higher number in blood pressure readings, systolic, is always given first. If I were to assume that you have just reversed the numbers and you mean 111/89, then the bottom reading 89 is high, sitting just below the treatment range. If the numbers you have given are just wrong, and he has low blood pressure, this is harmless and may reduce stroke risk, it is never treated!
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor