Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

My Dads BP is 234/114, complained of feeling nauseous, What should I do ?

My dad has just measured 234 high and 114 low on his blood pressure readings. Just 30 minutes ago it read 221/112. I suggest that I take him to the hospital just incase, but he blatantly refuses, saying that he feels absolutely fine. However, not long ago, he complained of feeling nauseous. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  492
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.please understand that this is emergency and in case of emergency patient do not have choice.This is a compulsory thing and no choice lies with the patient.His blood pressure is very high and can lead to complication any time.please take him to doctor.
wishing him good health.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
This could potentially be malignant hypertension which needs urgent medical management- if this reading is correct of course. Take your dad to the hospital or he must see his Doctor today. Do not leave it. You don't mention his age or whether or not he usually suffers from high blood pressure, what other medical conditions he has or if he is taking any BP medication? But none the less, malignant hypertension is a syndrome which we characterise by severe hypertension (e.g. systolic >200 and/or diastolic >130 mmHg) accompanied by nephropathy, or by papilloedema. Even accelerated hypertension or acutely elevated blood pressure can be indicative of haemorrhages. These more serious issues needs to be excluded. Edit Just to clarify. At this stage we cannot determine why his reading is high (or if indeed it really is that high), you must get your father evaluated today. It may not be an indication of anything serious but to be on the safe side, your father must see a Doctor today.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor