My Dad had 2 near fatal heart attacks, Does it mean he is unlikely to live much longer ?

My Dad had 2 near fatal heart attacks - 1st treatment stents failed. 2nd the quad by pass also has failed..?
..he was told that at present he has only one working artery and that there is nothing more they can do for him. He is 64 but otherwise healthy. Is there anything else that can be done - even privately and what does this mean? Does it mean he is unlikely to live much longer? They haven't said that to him but just wondered if anyone knew or had been in a similar position.. Thanks in advance. L x It was never explained whether the reason for no more surgery was financial (NHS consideration) or medical (he is not deemed fit enough).. For someone with such a bad heart he still lives and enjoys his now more relaxed retirement.. so this is just for my own info - thanks again to everyone who replied.. even just explaining how the heart works been very helpful. x
Sat, 12 Dec 2009