Owl Image

My BP is 127 over 99, is this normal ?

I am 25 female, average weight ,blood pressure is 127 over 99 is this normal ?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
You have got stage 1 hypertension. The normal is < 120/80 mm Hg. Is it pregnancy related? Hypertension is sustained elevation of resting systolic BP (? 140 mm Hg), diastolic BP (? 90 mm Hg), or both. Hypertension with no known cause (primary; formerly, essential hypertension) is most common. Hypertension with an identified cause (secondary hypertension) is usually due to a renal disorder. Usually, no symptoms develop unless hypertension is severe or long-standing. Diagnosis is by sphygmomanometry. Tests may be done to determine cause, assess damage, and identify other cardiovascular risk factors. Treatment involves lifestyle changes and drugs, including diuretics, ? - blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, and Ca channel blockers.