Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

My 7 years old child is suffering from tummy pain & vomiting. Is there any online doctor who can help my child to get rid of these symptoms ?

Hi, my 7 y.o. child is suffering from tummy pain for 3 days now. Doctors have seen her since Friday but cant find anything. She did vomit twice and had only one occurence of diarrhea . She has lost her appetite and the pain does come and go and come and go. I am worried as she has not been prescribed any antibiotics , only paracetamol. Any clue what this is? She is really restless and inactive when her tummy sore strikes.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi, u havent mentioned about the fever. Ur baby is suffering from colicky pain which is usually due to difficult movement of bowel(pain occur off and on whenever gut moves).
Following infection of gut or indigestion due to contaminated food these symptoms can occur.
U can add dicyclomine which relaxes the gut muscle and ll give some relief.
Child should be done scanning of the abdomen and oral antibiotics can be started.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Thak you for your reply.

My child has no fever - what's evident is the repeated sore tummy and the feeling of passing a stool to relieve discomfort but actually nothing is coming out. If she's constipated, I wonder why she had diarrhea on the first day? She is passing urine just fine and passing stool fine too. She has not complained of any pain other than her middle tummy.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Channabasappa K's  Response
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor