My 4year old child has fever, cold cough Can i give him ayurvedic medicines ? please suggesting about this

My 4year old child has fever, cold, cough saince 5 days. I visited a pediatrician, he gave some syrups, The fever has come down, but he cough still is present. Iam giving syrup for cough, but the cough has not subsided. Can i give him ayurvedic medicines for cough to come down, my father inlaw was suggesting about this
Sat, 31 Oct 2009
's  Response
In children these symptoms are alaraming for swine flu especially during this period. so get a swine flu test done soon. if positive the treatment to be done as soon as possible. i worried about seeing that deaths are happening due to swine flu in india.
reena's  Response
do not neglect any problems in child, please see the doctor. Now a days the swine flu is also rampant. if there is one problem i heard the swine flu is very easily spreading to that person
jyotika's  Response
yes swine flu if it attacks in kids less than 5 years may lead to death ,...especialy..if age is less than 2 years of age...i have read this in newspaper today