Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

My 2months baby stomach looks bloated

My son is now, he always cry after giving feed. His stomach looks bloated. Some of my neighbours told it could be indigestions and to give gripe water. can i give gripe water to my son. Will he stop crying. He also passes lot of gas. Iam not giving him anything except my milk. Iam seeing that even i donot take any thing which will cause indigestion
Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
This is a common problem faced by many infants.
First,let me set the record straight.
Gripe water is not helpful or even needed for any child. in fact it is harmful as the gut of a newborn cannot handle anything other than breast milk.
Your child does not need any medications.
continue exclusive breast feeding. the cry shall go away soon.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
"papa edichindi, woodwards gripe water pattamani valla ammato cheppu,chinnappudu neeku ade patedanni" this was a famous advertisement in local language in our state. This means whenever a baby cries she should be fed with gripe water and I used to feed you when you were young. Shows that gripe water traditional and older medicine for crying of baby. After viewing this ad gripe water has become a household medicine for all babies. I still do not understand if it correct or not
  User's Response
hey i am sorry i heard that gripe water is not good. just check it out twice before you feed it.
  User's Response
Yeah I am also from Andhrapradesh India, we make fun of this ad now. But is gripe water helpful for indigestion in babies. please clarify
  User's Response

Get this checked once by a pediatrician. Gripe water usually helps, but make sure there is no other problems happening inside.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor