Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

My 23 years old wife was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and has severe pain in the arms, back and hips. Please suggest a treatment

Hi Doctor , this is Ali,my wife age 23 height 5 ft 5 inch & weight is 52 kg is having pains in her joints from last 1 year.Last month we met Orthopedic specilist in Dubai he suggested us to do the blood testing & MRI Scans for waist back side and hips joints from right/left side of the lower area & report is positive about Rheumatoid arthrits and i want to mention that she has deliverd baby in october and after that we came to know she is infected with hepatitis C and we have under gone for 6 months with the course of interferone alpha 2B 18 million imu injection and now the report is negative and course is finished during this time she is having too much pain in her back side and hip joints and arm joints pls suggest waiting for your reply ALI
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
For pain in her back, she needs to take mild pain killers and some muscle relaxants after consulting with her orthopaedician. Some general measures like calcium rich diet , lying on a firm mattress and using two pillows under the knees and hot fomentation will also help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor