My 20 year old daughter was given metronidazole to treat

My 20 year old daughter was given metronidazole to treat a vaginal infection. She took her first dose this morning, and begin to complain of feeling as if she were coming down with a cold or something she might have picked up from the babies and young children she takes care of in the daycare where she works.
By tonight she said she was dizzy, had a headache, was sick to her stomach, but didn't have a fever.
I remembered that she had taken the antibiotic, and checked the side effects , which matched her symptoms.
Supposedly it takes the body 48 hours to completely process the drug.
She called the doctor on call at her doctor's practice, and was told to take Benadryl and discontinue the metronidazole. She took 2 tabs and has had something to eat and drink and feels better.
How much long will she have any symptoms?
Thank you!
Bob
Wed, 30 May 2018