Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

My 2 yr old sons skin is peeling off of his palms and his feet, please suggest me what can i do ?

My 2 yr old sons skin is peeling off of his palms and his feet....came out of knowwhere! doesn't hurt, or seem to itch--what is it? what can i do?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Oct 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  1162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi... Mr.Devon ...welcome to HCM..
Thanks for QUERY...,
No doubt is Palmo-Plantar is genetic origin...,
common variety is is Autosomal dominant variety...,seen in Infancy and early childhood...,
1) Keratolytics- ..Mainstay of treatment Eg.. Salicylic acid 5 to10% , Retinoic acid 0.05%, Propylene glycol70% in water will give good result........
2) Systemic retinoids also play major role in the treatment...
3) respond is very slowly give ..hence consult good experienced Dermatologist..take care good luck..,
Answered: Sat, 29 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
your son probably has a disease called palmo- plantar keratoderma. It is usually a genetic disorder and varies with climate. the treatment includes topical moisturisers and keratolytics like salicylic acid.
Answered: Mon, 25 Oct 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Did he have a fever or rash before this peeling ?
My website
Answered: Sat, 23 Oct 2010
  Anonymous's Response
go gluten free!!! That means no white flou r or soy.
Answered: Fri, 31 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor