My 17 years old friend has Holes in her Heart,is that is this common for teens ?

I have a friend who told me she has holes in her heart that she discovered only 8 months ago. She's 17. She told me that the doctor found out because her heartbeat was irregular, there was even a point in time where her legs gave in and she had a hard time walking. The doctor said that the holes will get bigger and over time her heart will give in and that she only has 6 months or she could get a heart transplan but the chances of that NOT working out is 95%. All I wanna know is that is this common for teens? And i know 95% is ia lot but how often does the 5% happen?
Sun, 27 Mar 2011