My 13 year old son in an athlete, playing football

My 13 year old son in an athlete, playing football with practice 5 days a week, and skateboards. On Saturday, while boarding, he fell on his right side, injuring his buttocks/lower thigh area. Twice. The area is bruised, with swelling and redness, but not so much that I would be concerned simply by appearance.
Early this morning, he complained to me he wasn't feeling well. I noticed he seemed warm to the touch. I checked his temp. & he indeed had, and has continued to have, a fever. Reaching 102.6 & maintaining an average of just that.
Prior to this particular injury, he has been complaining of lower back/hip pain, right above his buttocks, on both sides of his body. However, I think this is due to his extensive football "workouts." I'm uncertain if the two are connected, at this point.
He has always been an extremely active child, but only recently (about 1 1/2 months ago) decided to actually join a sport team, thus, dramatically increasing his "normal" day to day physical activity. He's a small guy, with a weight of 93.3lbs and a height of 5ft.
Is this fever something I should be concerned with, in regard to his injuries? Can a bone fracture/break, or any injury of the sort, actually cause someone to run a fever, with no other symptoms? (P.S.-- He doesn't have any other symptoms that would consist with being "sick." He is still eating and getting plenty of fluids as if nothing were wrong, at all....)

Thank you so much for your time,
R. Tollison
(Concerned Mom)
:)
Fri, 5 Oct 2018