Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Muscle swelling below knees and ankles causing extreme pain. Diagnosed to be varicose veins. Best suggestive treatment?

My wife is suffering swelling in mussels just below the knees and leg ankles followed severe pain. Local doctor diagnosed as Varicose vein . It appears that it is in early stage and may superficial. I came to came know that there are various treatment available for Varicose vein. Can you please elaborate and identify the best known surgeon in Tamil Nadu, India.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist, Interventional 's  Response

Endovenous treatment of Varicose veins is now the standard of care for this disease.

This can be treated by Radiofrequency Ablation or Endovenous Laser therapy.

You can meet Dr.Venkatesh Kasi, an Interventional Radiologist like myself at Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, Coimbatore for this treatment.


Dr.Saurabh Joshi,
Consultant Vascular Interventional Radiologist
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor