Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Muscle strain in the urinary system, had fungal infection in genitals recently. Anything serious?

hi i am new to this site and i dont know how it works, i hope the reply will be mailed back to me i am writing this since i am very much worried as i am feeling a discomfort or may be strain in my urinary system , its not feeling like a pain, but i am feeling inside the urinary system like how it feels when a muscle is over strained, i have a previous record of fungal infection in outer genitals, is their a serious problem with my body?, can i wait one week to see a doctor or should i see urgently.. is my problem serious enough for a sudden action, can i afford to wait one week to see if it fade by itself,
Fri, 26 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I am not sure as to what you refer to as strain in your 'urinary system'. If you are having any painful or burning urination or fever or chills, then you may have a urinary infection, for which you need to visit a doctor, have a urine test done and take antibiotic treatment. If you don't have any of these symptoms, then you can just try drinking plenty of water and fluids and see if the problem gets relieved on its own. If your symptoms are persistent or worsening, then it's better to seek medical attention soon.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor