Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Muscle spasms, soft mass above rib cage. History of dilated bile duct, fatty liver. Treatment?

i have a dilated bile duct and a fatty liver , plus i was a weekend drinker for years. in the last 3-4 days i have developed a large soft mass just above my rib cage. its more on my right side but is growing into my left side. could this be an abcess and should i go to the hospital. i do have constant pain but sometimes get a very bad muscle spasm there. like today i was in the pool got out and went in the hot tub, rite away i developed severe muscle spasms in that area.................thank you
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get CT and ultrasonography of this mass to confirm the dagnosis and show it to general surgeon. If he finds any suspicion he can also get needle biopsy test. it can be a tumour so you should not delay in diagnosis.
Answered: Wed, 14 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor