Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Muscle cramps, swelling of body, high fever, have UTI and kidney stones with kidney infection, low potassium level, high BP. Help

Ive had for years several health problems that doctors can't figure out. I have major muscle pains with cramping. Swelling of the entire body. I always keep a fever of 100.0 or higher. Im always having uti and kidney stones with kidney infection. My iron and potassium levels are low. I'm always dehydrated. I can't take a water pill because I become very dehydrated. My body breaks out in massive cramps that can't be controlled. I have high blood pressure. I also have a enlarged spleen. That is painful. I'm now seeing specialist. They haven't figured it out yet. Its been over a year. I've had these problems for 6 yrs now.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. forum.
If I were your treating doctor for this case of generalized edema i.e. anasarca I would come up with these possibilities , which includes.
1 Chronic renal failure . Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound and M R I of both kidneys as you yourself mentioned that there is chronic renal infection, renal stone , edema all these symptoms are an indication of chronic renal failure. Get in serum creatinine level , urea level and consult an Urologist and get his opinion and treatment .
2 Hypo proteinaemia as there is renal infection and edema , this leads to loss of protein hence depletion of protein from body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by examination protein level in blood with urine examination.
3 Anemia ,diagnosis can be confirmed by hemoglobin level , iron level ( as you mentioned in your query ).Spleen enlargement is an indication of anemia .
As you stated that there is intense pain and cramps in muscles as this is due to potassium depletion for this you have to take potassium supplement .
In my opinion first of all consult an Urologist and get his opinion as all other symptoms are due to kidney problem.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor