Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Multiple ingrown hairs in one spot. Awful odour. No help from bactraban. Suggestions?

My husband has what seeme to be multiple in grown hairs in one spot. Not like typically barely under skin ingrown hairs. It actually looked like a pimple that popped. That s when we found multiple hairs in it. It has an awful foul odor to it been this way for months. Clean it several times a day with antibacterial soap and even use bactraban the smell is getting worse now
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
so it does not look like simple ingrown hair
it may be sinus or folliculitis .
better to consult dermatologist
oral antibiotic will work and if it fail or lesion reoccur then laser treatment is laso good option
do not prick ,pooped or pinch it
alone soap and bactraban is not enough in his case
i hope i answered your question
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor