Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Multiple cysts in kidney. Ultrasound report done. Consult a nephrologist or urologist?

Hi Doctor,
My child is now 6 months old. Before birth mutiple cysts were detected in her right kidney. Ultrasound report (after birth) says her right kidney functions 6.42%.
Currently, she looks very much fine to me. Normal urine and stool. Normal diet.
I am confused as to whether i should be consulting Nephrologist or Urologist ? Since i am from India (Bangalore), i am planning to visit CMCH - Vellore.
Please assist in selecting the specialist doctor for the above mentioned problem to baby.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Hi, Multicystic dysplastic kidney is a condition where one kidney is affected with cyst. It is congenital with poor function. Usually opposite kidney remains unaffected. But to make sure, you need to visit nephrologist for detailed evaluation. There are good number of nephrologist available at Bangalore. Wish you good health for your child.
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor