Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Multiple calculi, alternative to surgery?

I had whole abdominal ultrasound last week and the result says multiple calculi are found within, the largest measures 1.9cm. My doctor said I need to undergo surgery , but I am thinking of seeking second opinion. Is there any alternative to break or dissolve these gallstones without going through surgical procedure? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
gall stones disease is a very common disease,treatment of choice is laparoscopic cholecystectomy.previously they recommend secondary bile acid may help but now srgry is well estsbilished entitity
Answered: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor