Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Multiple burn injuries on the body causing hardened skin, pain on moving, dark spots. What treatment should be taken?

Dear Doctor, My sister , aged 43 yrs , got burnt by hot water in November last & was under treatment in AAAAAAA Nursing Home , Cuttack for over one month. She had multiple burn injuries in about 40% of her right part of the body.Still now the burn areas are not cured and the skins are very very hard and it gives pain if the body bends or acts for doing something.There are dark spots and the burning areas are also not recovering fast and the colour of the skin is looking unnatural. Please advise.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your sister has suffered burns and still not completely recovered.
People suffering from burns may suffer contractures due to burns.
Muscles are damaged and lose strength so it can be the reason of getting pain on movement.
Since the skin is becoming hard and the color also does not look natural there could be infection or gangrene.
I would suggest you to get her to a surgeon so that he will examine and do the needful for her.
Hope this answer is helpful.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 22 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor