Muffled hearing in left ear. ENT did hearing test. Diagnosed for labryinthitis and given Prednisone. Tumor?

I have muffled hearing in left ear. Had dizzy spell last night. ENT did hearing test today. Says hearing is worse in left ear than one year ago. Claims I have labryinthitis and gave me prednisone for 2 weeks, then a recheck of hearring. I am worried it is a tumor, even though dr. said they are usually benign. I have had diminished hearing in left ear for about a year. Went to ENT for it then and told me it was stress related. I do have ringing in that ear as well.
Thank you.
Tue, 8 Oct 2013