Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Mucus from the tear ducts of eyes, red swollen eyes, crusty formation surrounding eyes. Is it sinus infection ?

Hi I am very positive that I have a sinus infection and as of yesterday I noticed mucus was coming out of the tear ducts of my eyes. I just woke up and my eyes are now swollen and enormous amounts mucus is pouring out of my eyes. My eyes are red and swollen and I have crust down my face and surrounding my eyes. What should I do to treat my sinus infection and my eyes?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  273
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Rachee, Hi, As you are saying that you are suffering from sinusitis and mucus along with discharge coming out of your eyes I believe You are having bacterial infection in your sinus which is causing blockage of the nasolacrimal duct along with secondary infection so there is swelling of your eye along with discharge.I would advise you to show to your ophthalmologist who can rule out acute dacrocystitis and start on oral antibiotic and eye drops. You definitely need to see an ENT specialist who would rule out sinus infection doing an Xray /CT and treat simultaneously along with your eye problem.Kindly don't take it lightly and rush to your nearest doctor who can help you out to prevent the spreading of the the infection with proper AB therapy.....TC Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor