Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Mucus discharge from eye. Watery and blur vision. Is it infection?

Hi, I have a greenish-yellow mucus discharge that keeps coming out from the corner of my eye. It also is laying around my lower eyelid , and is stringy. My vision in this eye is starting to be blurred whenever there is a lot of this substance on/in it, and is also watery. I have been wiping it off with a tissue . Could this be pinkeye?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
This appears to be some longstanding case and associated with watering. I think you should get your lacrimal drainage system checked by springing as at times if there is bloachage of the tear duct then stagnant tear fluid gets infected with bacteria and produce watering and discharge, a condition called dacryocystitis, which should be ruled out in your case.
Best wishes
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor