Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Movable lumps at the back of head, zit in front of ear that hurts when pressed. What could it be?

I have 3 bump(lump?) like things in the back of my head. They don t hurt at all when i put pressure on them. One of them is smaller than the other two. The two others are about 1cm. When i move my finger on them, they kind of move alon a little bit. I also have a sit like thing infront of my ear. It hurts a little bit when i put pressure on it. And it feels like there is something inside of it. More sitlike, but it s huge for a sit, so i don t think it is one. I m kind of scared, so i would like to know if it s dangerous or not. I m 16 and completly healthy every other way. Never been on any other medication , than urin control pills when i was younger.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed folliculitis.

These are bacterial infections.

The movable lumps are lymph nodes which are swollen due to infection.

Treatment is with oral and topical antibiotics.

You can also do hot fomentation.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor