Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Movable lump on the head. Should I be concerned?

I have a lump on the top of my skull close to my hair line. Found it several months ago. It s about half of a golf ball in size. It will move a bit side to side. Also Kind of hard, has no give to it It s just under the skin. Should I be worried. If so what type of Dr should I see? No pain. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM,
The lump in your scalp may be a lipoma or epidermal cyst or a benign or malignant adnexal neoplasm.
To diagnose it, you need a thorough clinical examination and do a Fine needle aspiration cytology from that particular swelling.
But, before doing a FNAC you need to do a X-Ray of skull to exclude any cranial extension.
So, consult with a general surgeon for clinical examination and ordering the investigations required.

Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor