Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Mouth bleeds, please suggest

blooding of mouth wath to do
Asked On : Fri, 9 Jul 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  478
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.If bleeding is associated with coughing then it is from lungs.If bleeding is associated with vomitings then it is from eosophagus or stomach.If bleeding without vomiting and coughing it can be from mouth.First answer these questions before proceeding ahead with any advice.Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 16 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Diganta Kumar Das's  Response
Hello and welcome,
Any mouth bleeding is always NOT from mouth. I mean the site of bleeding is important. Next is whether the bleeding is severe or mild then i want to know whether it is recurrent or single episode. Even lot things to be needed to come to an conclusion.
Anyway, if the bleeding is very bright red type or fresh type, then as a first aid measure you can drink few sips of ICE COLD water or gurgle with the same ICE COLD WATER. Rather put an ice cube if you can see the bleeding point. Local bleeding will stop. If the bleeding is about dark colored red, like brownish black, ICE COLD WATER WILL not help much.
Anyway, In either case you need a through check up, but as a first aid use chilled cold water.
Wish you an early recovery
Answered: Sat, 15 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi..welcome ..gone through your problem..U R not mentioning the colour and quantity of blood. Any how first of all 1) If it is red colour and little quantity...don't bather ,it is simple bleeding per Gums seen in Gingivitis cases ..Oral hygiene is important... U can drink sips of ice cold water will stop 2) If it is red and profuse bleeding (oesophageal varices) and if it is frequently occur .,immiadiatly consult Doctor will go through investigation to ruled out any pathology and Malignancy 3) If it is black coloured bleed (little or huge.)., it could be from Stomach....or Duodenum hence immediately consult Gastroenterologist..,Don't neglect...wish U speedy recovery.....
Answered: Sun, 16 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor