Mouth bleeds, please suggest

blooding of mouth wath to do
Sun, 16 Oct 2011
Hello.Welcome.If bleeding is associated with coughing then it is from lungs.If bleeding is associated with vomitings then it is from eosophagus or stomach.If bleeding without vomiting and coughing it can be from mouth.First answer these questions before proceeding ahead with any advice.Good luck.
ENT Specialist Dr. Diganta Kumar Das's  Response
Hello and welcome,
Any mouth bleeding is always NOT from mouth. I mean the site of bleeding is important. Next is whether the bleeding is severe or mild then i want to know whether it is recurrent or single episode. Even lot things to be needed to come to an conclusion.
Anyway, if the bleeding is very bright red type or fresh type, then as a first aid measure you can drink few sips of ICE COLD water or gurgle with the same ICE COLD WATER. Rather put an ice cube if you can see the bleeding point. Local bleeding will stop. If the bleeding is about dark colored red, like brownish black, ICE COLD WATER WILL not help much.
Anyway, In either case you need a through check up, but as a first aid use chilled cold water.
Wish you an early recovery
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi..welcome ..gone through your problem..U R not mentioning the colour and quantity of blood. Any how first of all 1) If it is red colour and little quantity...don't bather ,it is simple bleeding per Gums seen in Gingivitis cases ..Oral hygiene is important... U can drink sips of ice cold water frequently..it will stop 2) If it is red and profuse bleeding (oesophageal varices) and if it is frequently occur .,immiadiatly consult Doctor will go through investigation to ruled out any pathology and Malignancy 3) If it is black coloured bleed (little or huge.)., it could be from Stomach....or Duodenum hence immediately consult Gastroenterologist..,Don't neglect...wish U speedy recovery.....