Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Mountaux test is found positive on me, what should i do now ?

Sir Mountaux test found poitive on me (Age 30 Male) for 3 4 swollen points on neck now i have given for Alisa test Tell me about next What i do next? is there any problem (i am going to be married)? Need to change my lifestyle?
Mon, 16 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Pankaj

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
Get sputum AFB also done and consult your physician to rule out TB. No need to worry even if TB is positive, if you take medicines for 6 months all your problems will be solved. You can get married no harm in that, no need to change your lifestyle. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Pulmonology Dr. K. C. Pant's  Response
You told you have enlarged neck glands and mX test is positive ,then if elisa is positive with increase ESR and xray suggestive of tubercular lymphadinitis lesion,treatment for Tuberculosis is started .This is curable disease and takes 9-18 months for compelete cure.Take help of physician ,do not worry .You can marry ,no problems.Good diet and regular checkup and treatment is required. All the best.--Dr.KC.Pant
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
Hi Welcome to HealthCareMagic Forum,

elisa test for tb to be done complete hemogram and chest x-ray also to be done.

Take help of physician ,do not worry .You can marry ,no problems.Good diet and regular checkup and treatment is required.


I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
if you have lymph nodes in neck and mantoux test positive elisa test for tb to be done
complete hemogram and chest x-ray also to be done
if the tests show presence of tb full course of treatment to be taken from qualified doctor at least for 6 to 9 months
the lymh node biopsy will be help full if these tests are inconclusive
have healthy high protein diets and regular exercises
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on 24 th of March . She s last period was starting on 10 th of March and this time same has nt been start till now. She has used prega news test kit in today s morning where two lines has appeared.. So what will the next step??? Please reply

doctor1 MD

I am 40 year old, my height is 5.4 and my weight is 62. I have 2 girls child, my wife want to conceive for 3rd child, but she is TB PCR positive and now she has started medicine for that. Doctors advised me to go through the same test and I am also found TB PCR positive. My first question is it neceessary to take medicine me too. Second If we don t want to more child, then medicine is also compulsory.

doctor1 MD

Hi I have very achey legs, I have had fluid in my hands on waking and joint pain the last week. I had an episode of this occurring a few years ago, I found it difficult to walk for a few days. I have not tested positive for lupus. I am an active 50 year old woman.

Recent questions on  X ray

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am writing on behalf of a friend. He had been diagnosed with having IBS when he was 13, without a colonoscopy, and now he is 25. He has been having abdominal pain and interchanges of diarrhea and constipation all these years but a month ago it suddenly got really worse (after having some fish, but even if it was bad, he had never experienced such excruciating pain again), as in one day he started to ache so much he couldn't get up off the floor. It was like stabbing and ripping him apart. He went to the hospital and had blood work done and an X-ray and they said it was normal but suggested a colonoscopy but he didn't go through with it. Ever since he has been having really severe abdominal pain and interchanges of diarrhea and constipation and he has been to several doctors, one prescribing him with amitriptyline and antibiotics for the intestine, and another after that giving him mebeverine hydrochloride alone. He took the antibiotics and amitriptyline for almost a month and it helped him a bit but in the evening he would none the less have the return of the severe pain in his entire abdomen, sometimes centering on the left upper side of it. Then he went to the other doctor who perscribed mebeverine hydrochloride, telling him it would instantly help, without that being the case when he tried it. He had extensive blood work done and everything was normal, no inflammation or anemia, and the doctor said he didn't need anything else and should just take the mebeverine. But he is still in pain and i was wondering if it could be something else with these symptoms. Should he have a colonoscopy or some other less painful test? He also has Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.

doctor1 MD

Yes, I have a 13 yr old that has been vomiting and has had constipated/diarrhea for a month now. She has been seen by her physician and was prescribed Prilosec and miralax. She appears to be full of stool ( according to her x-ray). She is still having dull stabbing pain in her stomach and is still vomiting daily. She expresses vomiting is not always with nausea. I hope she will not need an endoscopy. I am wondering if it s GERD or IBS. Thanks for your response.

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr, I am 30 years Male. I had productive cough in morning for last 2 months and I was suffering from sinusitis also. The sputum was green. Now the cough is gone and only sinusitis remains, no that much sputum. I done a chest x-ray last week which came normal. However doctor told a elevation in Diaphragm and enlagement of heart. What will be the reason of this?. Active Pulmonoray TB not there, but will it be Miliary TB symptom or Amoebic Liver Abscess or anything else?? Please advice me for the next step

doctor1 MD

Hi there. I am a 35 year old female 5'7 155 lbs with a 7 month old baby delivered by cesarean. I have had shortness of breath that worsens with physical exertion since the last month of my pregnancy but am otherwise in good health. The last 2 months it has been getting progressively worse to the point where I have to catch my breath sometimes in conversation. I am taking domperidone to increase my breastmilk production and have been for 2 months. I have been to the ER where I have had an ECG, ct scan, x-ray and bloodwork, as well as a pulmonary function test. All results were within normal ranges except my oxygen levels in my blood were low - however the test was taken peripherally, not through a central line. Also, my resting heart rate was 118, and when I did a stress test, within 2 minutes my heart rate was at 200. They are sending me for an echocardiogram next. Do you think this could be adult onset asthma or a reaction to domperidone or is it my heart?

doctor1 MD

I am having a frozen left shoulder kind of symptoms for last couple of months. My left shoulder doesnt rotate as smoothly as the right one. My second problem is I have constipation atleast few days a month and suffer from piles as a consequence

doctor1 MD

I have very shortness of breath will divan help this ?

doctor1 MD

I have to urinate often ..... if I stand up from sitting position or sleep position. And I empty out every time. My family Dr. thinks my bladder has fallen and there by impairing the normal muscle function that holds the urine until some normal...