Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Mother is diabetic & both her kidneys not working , please help

My mother is 68 yrs old and she is diabetic for last 12 yrs and she is taking insulin for last 7 yrs and now recently both her kidneys not working
Asked On : Fri, 10 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response

During the course of time, this is what is progression of Diabetes.
Kidneys get damaged because of uncontrolled diabetes.

Do as follows:

1. Follow Appropriate Diet . Diet in this case has to be very tailermade considering her renal parameters as well as blood sugar readings.
2. keep checking her BSL and routine follow-up with diabetologists, nephrologists as well as dietitians.
3. Understand this situation and do co-operate with Dr. s if dialysis is suggested.
4. Balancing diet and other medications will help in reducing complications.

Feel free to drop in your further queries / feedback
Answered: Sat, 8 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor