Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Mole seems to have increased in size. Should I get it checked?

I have had a mole looked at on my face about a year ago now and was referred to a dermatologist where the mole was then further looked at and i was told it was nothing to worry about and that the mole may have been traumatised in some way, since then the mole has been fine until about a month ago the mole had rised again from where i may have caught it and it hasnt gone down since, do you think it wise that i get the mole looked at again?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to use.
Any change in the size, color, appearance, symmetry, border of mole warrants for an examination to rule out malignant melanoma. Similarly scabbing or bleeding from mole requires an examination too.
Please meet a dermatologist nearby for proper examination.
Hope that helped.
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor