Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Mole on top of head in a child with center black dot. Should it be of concern?

My 5 year old daughter has had a mole on the top of her head for a couple of years and her pediatrician has seen it and was not concerned. Just last week my husband noticed that the mole had a black dot in the center of it. Should we be concerned? We go back to the doctor next month for her annual check-up. Is that soon enough for her pediatrician to look it at?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your query at HCM

generally moles are harmless and nothing to be worried about
if mole increase in size,change it's colour,margins become irregular then it raises concern
u should moniter mole for above features and if any one of them appear, see your doctor immediately

i will be available for your help
wishing him a speedy recovery
take care
Answered: Thu, 6 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor