Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Mole on ears, positive staining of melancocytes. Re-excision advised. Specialist for excision?

Hi doctor, I recently have a mole on ear got removed. the pathology report showed there was positive staining of melancocytes and it is an abnormal staining pattern, conservative re-excision is advised. which kind of doctor should do this excision? is it risky do the excision on ear? now the doctor sent me to otolaryngology to do the excision. is it right doctor do such an excision?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, an ENT trained in head and neck cancer surgery will be a suitable person to excise this type of lesion. The margins taken for such type of excisions is very important and histopathology post excision should not only tell us about the margins all around but also the base which all should be tumour free. Many a times the defect so created is large, there is need for a reconstructive surgeon. Regards
Answered: Fri, 28 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor