Molar pain, gum sensitivity, bad taste in mouth. Broken wisdom tooth. Safe to have deep cleaning?

I went to Dentist because I was experiencing upper right molar pain, gum sensitivity & bad taste in my mouth from this area. I was told I had a broken wisdom tooth & needed to have it and 2 other wisdom teeth extracted. She also said I needed to schedule a deep cleaning. She referred me to an oral surgeon for removal of wisdom teeth. I'm scheduled for a scaling & root planning with dentist prior to oral surgeon consult. Is it safe to have this deep cleaning with my broken wisdom tooth issues? I feel I have an infection. Thanks for your time.
Tue, 30 Jul 2013