Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Misshaped rib, bad pain and stinging, cant take calcium due to allergy, surgical options ?

Hi, I have a misshaped rib and i get seriously bad pain in it and its as if it stings inside, and sometimes i cant breathe because of stabbing pains, I have been on the internet and seen it could be a few things but it is really big and gets in the way of my sleeping, wearing clothes etc. If it s to do with calcium i can not help myself because i dont like milk and most other things with calcium in it. I would really love to know if I would need surgery to sort it out, as I would do anything to get rid of it, it hurts that much.
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. first of all i would like to know you have consulted doctor,
for how long you have pain. i think it is Cervical rib. if it is that it should be operated.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon he will do the need full. other alternative
is chest or pleural infection. dont worry you will be fine.
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor