• question-icon

Missed taking loette for one day. Will this cause pregnancy?

Hi, I've been on Loette for a bit over a year and I realised the other day that I had missed one of my pink tablets and I just skipped it since I couldn't remember not taking it. I only waited 6 days not 7 of continuously taking the pill before having sex with my boyfriend and my period is now 6 days late and I'm quite worried even though I know the chance of me being pregnant is quite unlikely. Should I take a pregnancy test or has my period just been skipped? I'm almost on medication for miagranes but I've continuously taken that and haven't had any problems. Thank you!
Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
as you rightly put it, it is very unlikely that it should be a pregnancy. The chances are low but nor impossible however. Missed periods in young females of reproductive age is not a rare phenomenon. But I suggest you get a pregnancy test done. I do not think that the migraine medication has actually interfered in anything, considering the fact its never really done so i the past. Exclude a pregnancy and regularize more your birth control medication.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.