Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Missed periods, started menstruating after a year, prolonged bleeding. Symptoms of miscarriage?

HI, I did not have my period for almost a year (i have always been irregular) then i got it and it is still going at 10 days. Just way longer then usual for me when i do have it. I have read that it can be an early miscarriage . I am 36 years old. will a pregnancy test show positive still if it was indeed a miscarriage?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You should consult a gynaecologist for urine, blood test and ultrasonography to rule out pregnancy and miscarriage.
If you are having irregular period and you are not menstruating from last one year then your period may be heavy also, so you should consult a gynaecologist to rule out the cause and took treatment accordingly because their are many other causes of heavy bleeding other than miscarriage.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor